Dates: June 20 – September 26, 2020
Retro World Series Official Rules: http://retroworldseries.com/info/official-rules
Gameplay Rules: http://retroworldseries.com/info/gameplay-rules
$10 per tournament ($8 +$2)
- $8 entry fee goes into the pot.
- $2 tournament fee covers PayPal fees, medals, postage to send medals, and streaming services.
Gold medals will be given to tournament winners and silver medals to the runner-ups. Tournaments with an entry fee will also feature cash payouts.
YOU MUST TEST ALL SOFTWARE (ESPECIALLY NETPLAY) AT LEAST 24 HOURS PRIOR TO TOURNAMENT START WITH THE RETRO WORLD SERIES OR ANOTHER REGISTERED PLAYER.
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FIRST
- Please access download links to all files and instructions here: https://retroworldseries.com/online-league/netplay-instructions
- For Duke Nukem 3D, hDuke will be used along with YANG 2020.
- For Nintendo 64 games, we will be using Mupen64Plus.
- For Marvel vs. Capcom 2, we will be using NullDC Netplay.
- For Tekken 2, we will be using PCSX2 Online Plus Alpha.
- For all other games, we will be using RetroArch (1.8.8) (download from NHL94Online). We are in no way, shape or form, affiliated with NHL94Online or NHL94.com.
- Tournament 1 – 2:00pm CST
- Tournament 2 – 6:00pm CST
Check-in & Score Reporting
- Check in must occur 15 minutes prior to the tournament start time.
- Players must check in on the Retro World Series Discord in the rws-tournaments channel: https://discord.gg/PRaDCvR
- If you do not already have a Discord account, please make sure to create a Discord username identical/similar to your gamertag, so it will be easier to identify you during check-ins and score reporting.
- Tag @RetroWorldSeries when announcing your check in.
- Match winners must report scores immediately in the same Discord channel and tag @RetroWorldSeries.
|Week||Date||Tournament 1||Tournament 2|
|Week 1||6/20/2020||King of Fighters ’98||Super Mario Kart|
|Week 2||6/27/2020||Goldeneye 007||Killer Instinct|
|Week 3||7/11/2020||Dr. Mario||Tetris (Tengen)|
|Week 4||7/18/2020||NHL ’94||Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3|
|Week 5||7/25/2020||Soul Calibur||Duke Nukem 3D|
|Week 6||8/1/2020||Diddy Kong Racing||Tekken 2|
|Week 7||8/15/2020||Windjammers||Marvel vs Capcom 2|
|Week 8||8/22/2020||Crash Team Racing||Pokemon Stadium 2|
|Week 9||8/29/2020||Primal Rage||Ms. Pac-Man (Tengen)|
|Week 10||9/12/2020||NFL Blitz 2000||NBA Jam T.E.|
|Week 11||9/19/2020||Super Street Fighter II Turbo||Mario Kart 64|
|Week 12||9/26/2020||Super Smash Bros||Pokemon Puzzle League|
Registration closes 30 minutes prior to each tournament start time.