Who is the best at retro puzzle video games?
Come showcase your talents at the first Retro World Puzzle Championship at Comicpalooza 2023!
- Winner: Trophy and 2x Free Weekend passes for Comicpalooza 2024
- Runner-up: Medal and 2x Free Saturday passes for Comicpalooza 2024
- Semifinalists: 2x Free Sunday passes for Comicpalooza 2024
Registration is free and will be onsite at the Retro World Series area.
Tournament starts at 12:00pm on Sunday, so you must be registered at least 30 minutes prior to start.
Format: Single Elimination, 1v1 Versus
Games randomly selected for each round. Players will know what games will be played (so they can practice), but won’t know which round they’ll be played in. The game for the finals will be a surprise selection announced right before the finals begin.
Games list (based on a 7 round, 64-man bracket, final round game will be announced at finals):
- Ballistic/Puzz Loop (PlayStation)
- 2 out of 3 Games
- Difficulty: Normal
- Play Level: 3
- Dr. Mario (NES)
- Single game, first to 3 crowns
- Virus Level 10 & Speed HI
- Super Puyo Puyo 2 (SNES/Super Famicom)
- Single game, first to win 3 rounds
- Normal Rules
- Level: 3
- VS. Human Game: 3 Game
- Margin Time: 96 sec
- Chain Limit: Off
- Rule Change: Off
- Countering: On
- Rules: 2
- Pre-placement: Off
- Shake: Off
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo (Arcade – Mister) w/rebalance hack
- Single Game
- Level Select: Normal
- Difficulty: 3
- Tetris Battle Gaiden (SNES/Super Famicom)
- Single Game
- Speed Change: On
- Crystal: 5
- Game Mode: Battlis
- Speed: 1
- Power 2
- Dragon and Queen are banned.
- Wario’s Woods (NES)
- Game Mode: VS
- Single game, first to 3 stars
- Level: 3-1
- Monster Select: Each player chooses one monster (no identical types, e.g. no Fuzz with Spud or Beaker with Scram)