What is the Retro World Series Main Event?
The Main Event is a celebration of retro gaming and the grand finale of each Retro World Series season. We invite all of you to come take a shot at winning the best retro gaming tournaments we have to offer and find out who is the best in the world. Come to Vegas, play hard and try to win some amazing trophies, and find out who is this season’s Player of the Year.
Dates: February 21-23, 2020
Location: Las Vegas Convention Center, South Hall, 3150 Paradise Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
Event Pass: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lvl-up-expo-2020-registration-63714437598
Retro World Series Official Rules: http://retroworldseries.com/info/official-rules
Gameplay Rules: http://retroworldseries.com/info/gameplay-rules
Every year we offer large, custom acrylic trophies to each tournament champion. Silver medals will be given to the runner-up. Tournaments with an entry fee will also feature cash payouts.
Friday, February 21, 2020
- 5:00pm – Mario Tennis (Nintendo 64) – Free
- 7:00pm – Pokemon Stadium 2 (Nintendo 64) – Free
Saturday, February 22, 2020
- 12:00pm – Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 64) – $10
- 2:00pm – Super Street Fighter II Turbo (CPS-2) – $10
- 4:00pm – Crash Team Racing (Playstation) – $10
- 6:00pm – Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox) – $10
Sunday, February 23, 2020
- 1:00pm – Sega SHMUPs Series (High Score Tournament) – Free
- Players will compete to see who is the best SHMUPs player in the world featuring the seven of the best shoot’em ups from the Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, and Sega Dreamcast.
- There will be three rounds. Round 1 will consist of three games. The top 25% of participants with the highest combined scores will advance to Round 2. There will be another three games with the top two players with the highest combined scores will advance to play one game in the Final Round.
- Players will compete for five minutes in each game or until a player receives a Game Over.
- The six games for the first two rounds will be the following (you will not know which round they will be in until the day of the tournament):
- Border Down (Sega Dreamcast) – Arcade Mode, Credits: 1/1, Difficulty: Hard, Start at Green Border –
- Elemental Master (Sega Genesis) – Any Stage, Difficulty: Hard –
- Fantasy Zone 2 (Sega Master System) – No Special Rules –
- Galactic Attack/Layer Section (Sega Saturn) – Arcade Mode, Rapid Fire: On, Difficulty: Very Hard –
- Ikaruga (Sega Dreamcast) – Difficulty: Hard, Player Stock 3, Normal Game –
- Zero Wing (Sega Genesis) –
- The final game for the Final Round will not be announced until right before the Final Round begins.
- 2:30pm – Tetris Attack (SNES) – Free